Re-emerging from COVID-19 – Reconnect and Rebuild Hope & Resilience
with Rhythm2 Recovery’
‘An Evidence based approach to restoring Social & Emotional Health’
Our standard facilitator training is a practical two-day workshop, suitable for counsellors, educators, music therapists, youth workers, HR professionals, and other people working in the personal development field. These standard training workshops extend on the model Simon created with the Holyoake DRUMBEAT program to include over 100 new exercises for groups and individuals, that link rhythmic music, movement and voice to themes of health and wellbeing.
We also offer one day Bullying Prevention Training for facilitators working with young people of school age. This format follows the eight session protocol outlined in the Rhythm2Recovery Bullying Prevention manual, and covers topics including: types of bullying, peer pressure, healthy relationships, the bystander challenge, tolerance and empathy, self-esteem and assertiveness, resilience & responsibility.
Our final therapeutic program is a one day extension to the standard Rhythm2Recovery workshop for people who have completed the original training. This provides returnees with new exercises, new themes, new rhythms and a great opportunity to refresh and expand their skills using this rhythm and reflection model.
R2R also tailor private trainings to meet the needs of specific organisations.
Rhythm2Recovery will be holding workshops internationally in 2020. Click below to view event information or contact us to arrange a workshop in your area.
|12 - 13 Nov||Perth||
Band Room, Queens Gardens, Corner of Nelson cres & Hale st, East Perth
Perth, WA, Australia
|16 - 17 Nov||Darwin, (Note Dates Changed)||
Uniting Church Hall, 78 Smith St,
Darwin, (Note Dates Changed), NT, Australia
|19 - 20 Nov||Southport, Gold Coast||
83 Nerang St
Southport, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
|2 - 3 Dec||Brisbane||
Woolloongabba Substation 45 Logan Road, cnr Jurgens St, Woolloongabba
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|3 - 4 Dec||Melbourne||
Elwood Sailing Club, 5 Elwood Foreshore, Elwood.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
|11 - 12 Feb, 2021||Devonport, Tasmania||
Devonport, Tasmania, Tasmania, Australia
|4 - 5 Mar, 2021||Adelaide||
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
|EDU Events||More info||Register|
|11 - 12 Mar, 2021||Townsville||
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
|EDU Events||More info||Register|
No results found. Please check back soon, more to be announced.
Day One, 9am – 4.30pm
The Rhythm2Recovery model – linking the evidence of what works in therapy to rhythmic activities for individuals and groups.
- An introduction to the Rhythm2Recovery model
- Rhythm exercises and strategies to cement the therapeutic alliance
- Exercises that examine values & boundaries
- Rhythm exercises for fun and focus
- Rhythm exercises for teamwork and healthy relationships
- Rhythmic mindfulness
- Exercises for physical balance
- Teamwork & coordination exercises
- Key Analogies linking the musical exercises to life experiences & encouraging reflection
- Exercises examining managing change
Day Two, 9am – 4.30pm
The Rhythm2Recovery model – key principles of effective practice, and a flexible template for client centred, rhythm based practice.
- Rhythm exercises for better communication
- Listening exercises
- Exercises for managing adversity
- Exercises promoting responsibility
- Rhythm exercises for the safe expression of feelings
- Rhythmic exercises for identifying feelings
- Emotional regulation exercises
- Grounding exercises
- Rhythm exercises for coordination
- Strategies for effective implementation